October 31, 2016
Talk to your Chapter Advisor for location
Included in membership fee
ANYTIME between 7:00 am – 6:00 pm but students writing the SAME Cluster Exam must write in the same time period!
- 100 multiple choice questions
- Maximum of 70 minutes to complete exam
- Smaller chapters can write in ONE sitting (i.e. less than 50 students)
- NEW THIS YEAR: Marketing Representative Events (ADC, FMP, SEPP) and Professional Selling & Consulting Events (FCE, HTPS, PSE) all write the Regional online test and qualify based on weighted-average scores of team members.
Students usernames will be the email address that was used to register with DECA Ontario. The portal and password to write the exam will be given to the Chapter Advisor on the day of.
Marketing Cluster: AAM, adc, ASM, BSM, BTDM, fmp, FMS, MCS, MTDM, pse, RMS, SEM, SEPP, STDM
Business Management and Administration Cluster: BLTDM, HRM
Finance Cluster: ACT, BFS, FCE, FTDM
Financial Literacy Exam: PFL
Business Administration Core (Principle Events): PBM, PFN, PHT, PMK
NEW THIS YEAR!!
ALL students will be assigned to an event right from the beginning BEFORE October 21. There are no ‘second chance’ events.. If a student competed in AAM at Regionals and did NOT place, then that student cannot compete at Provincials. The ONLY event open is Leadership.
…. essentially EVERYONE in your chapter will be assigned to an event by October 21…. REGARDLESS of when they compete…November or February. Some of the Written Events do NOT have to qualify at Regionals and automatically are eligible to compete at Provincials but they must CHOOSE their event and sign up for it in October.
Sample Visual of Regional Flights: PDF
When registering for your events, the students are slotted into events and need to be balanced. 15 of the 18 combined Individual and Principle Events and 5 of the 7 Team Oral Events must be populated with the student names before the system will allow you to continue the next flight. The Writtens Events are a maximum of two entries per event and do NOT have to be balanced.
- Overall scores were used to rank the students
- Qualifiers will vary depending on event and number of students per event
- Regardless of the actual average in the event, only the Top X number of kids move on. (i.e. at the York Regional, the ACT lowest qualifying score was 138 while the lowest qualifying score in Toronto is 168
|Comparison by Board and Chapter (Cluster Exams)|
|2011 Online Test Averages||2012 Online Test Averages||2012 Test Statistics (Regionals)|
|2013 Online Test Averages||2014 Online Test Averages||2015 Online Test Averages|
|2016 Online Test Averages|